Troubleshooting Steps for Microphone Setup
Ensure the browser’s cache is cleared. Instructions for each browser:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history
Make sure you are using Google Chrome as your browser
You have allowed the browser to use your microphone (a screenshot of how it will look is below). You will only see this while taking the proficiency test. Click the microphone icon and choose “allow https://courses.onlineinterpretertraining.com to access your microphone”.
If all requirements seem to be satisfied but the issue persists:
- Try using a different browser (either Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) and try taking the proficiency test again.
- Go to your 'Sound' application (on Windows) and ensure that the microphone you are trying to use is selected. While taking your proficiency test, you can also click the gear icon (screenshots below).